The coup-de-grace of any backyard is the hearth. It’s elemental. A backyard without a BBQ and a firepit is like a car without wheels in our book. But we’re not talking about simple grills and firepits here. We are talking about full-on outdoor kitchens. Yes – even in Minnesota.
Outdoor Kitchens 101
Here are some items to consider for outdoor kitchens in our northern climate:
- Water: You will need a way to clear the pipes before winter sets in. This is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Cooking Fire: Are you looking for a space for your traditional BBQ, a Big Green Egg, or a wood fired oven?
- Surfaces: Structures and hardscapes need to come together to create your outdoor kitchen space. This can vary wildly, but is only limited by your dreams (and, well, your budget).
- Seating: Again – this can be built-in, out of stone or wood, or purchased separately. We are huge fans of local outdoor furniture manufacturers Loll in Duluth, MN. Their products are awesome.
- Fire Pit: Integrated fire pits absolutely define a backyard project. They are a focal point. From simple fire rings to mid century chiminea to bluestone fireplaces, the hearth is the heart of your backyard and requires thoughtful consideration.
Contact Bella Terra
Are you ready to bring your fire pit to the next level? Contact Bella Terra today to discuss your next project. Call us at (218) 341-4443.